Bouldering for the first time? Join an introduction lesson! Everyone is welcome to join an introduction to this spectacular sport, led by an enthusiastic trainer. The best part? It's free! You only pay the regular entrance fee, and the introductory lesson is included. See below when you can join.
The lesson will take approximately 30 minutes and is led by a trainer who will introduce you to the basics of bouldering. After those 30 minutes, you are free to continue climbing on your own (attention, children aged 7 to 14 may only continue bouldering after the lesson when supervised by an adult).
- The instructor will begin with a brief explanation of what bouldering is. How do you start and end a route? What do the colours mean?
- The instructor will then give a safety brief; how to fall/jump safely, how to ensure the safety of other climbers and yourself, etc.
- This is followed by a warm-up, where the climbers can attempt their first beginner routes and get a feel for the wall.
- The warm-up is then followed by a number of technique tips and tricks which will take up the bulk of the lesson: what are the basics of route reading? How important is footwork? Why should I worry about balance? Every climber will be guided in a suitable route, given tips to succeed in challenging boulders, and helped in forming a solid skill-set to build on when starting out in this addictive, challenging, and creative sport!
What will you need and when?
- All you need is flexible sports attire and indoor running shoes.
- We also offer shoe rentals for €4,00. This is not mandatory, but you'll notice a significant difference, especially in slightly more technical routes.
- Monday 19:00, Thursday 20:00 and Saturday 15:00
Interested? Sign up below! If you have any questions feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introductions are available from ages 7 onward. But for our smaller climbers, we recommend the youth intro lesson.